OttawaJazzScene.ca is community-supported. Thanks to the ongoing support of OttawaJazzScene.ca's readers like you we are able to bring the jazz community and you the best in-depth guide to jazz and improvised music you can hear locally and nearby – updated on the web daily and in your email inbox throughout the year.
Your donation makes it possible for us to inform you and other Ottawa-Gatineau jazz fans about our vibrant jazz community so everyone can enjoy it to its fullest.
For $20 per day support from the community, OttawaJazzScene.ca gives jazz listeners the information they want, and musicians extended coverage about their music and events. Our donor-supported written and video interviews, reviews, news stories and photos bring you closer to the artists and performances that you love and did not want to miss.
In the past year we informed jazz fans about:
- a highly-influential Ottawa jazz musician who had overcome injuries to return to performing, and when you could hear his new compositions
- innovative new CDs and bands drawing on unexpected musical influences
- talented, local young jazz musicians who have been playing fabulously and winning national awards
- exceptional concerts you could hear by renowned international musicians, and by our own highly creative musicians, in the widest possible variety of jazz and improvisational musical styles
- timely opportunities that you could take advantage of as a listener: money-saving advance ticket sales, details on new jazz concert series
- interviews with artists worth hearing at the Ottawa jazz festival – and exclusive news of how the festival has done financially and where it might be going in the next few years
- in-depth coverage of jazz fans' favourite jazzfest alternatives, such as Merrickville's Jazz Fest
- free ticket draws to try out new-to-you music risk-free, and introduce musicians to new fans
- and much, much more. Read our 2013 retrospective to see for yourself the range of what happened - and what we reported about.
Listeners and musicians have told us that our donor-supported website and newsletter is benefiting the whole Ottawa-Gatineau jazz and improvised music scene. Our combination of original articles, reviews, videos, photographs, and event listings about the jazz scene is unique in Canada.
Just 30 seconds from now you can be part of this!
We've made the donation process quick and hassle-free. There are only four required fields on our secure on-line donation pledge form, with no immediate payment required. It takes only 30 seconds to donate. Your donation pledge of any amount is appreciated.
Your donation will be gratefully and publicly acknowledged
We'll list your name on OttawaJazzScene.ca on a permanent basis, or you may choose to make an anonymous donation. See below for the constantly growing list of our past and current donors, whose assistance we really appreciate.
Your donation will help us continue to inform you about and support a scene that is important to you, other jazz fans, musicians, and Ottawa-Gatineau and Canadian culture. Your donation will help us pay ongoing expenses including our email, list, web and video servers, transportation and research-related costs, and our enthusiastic, young writers and production partners.
Our donation form also includes a special photo slideshow of many performances that made the Ottawa-Gatineau jazz scene exciting and which we reported about. We hope you enjoy it.
Still have questions? Please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) or contact us at the email addresses or phone numbers below.
On behalf of the whole Ottawa-Gatineau jazz scene, thank you for your support!
publisher and dishwasher, OttawaJazzScene.ca
What jazz fans and donors are saying about OttawaJazzScene.ca
We're humbled by the comments from donors and an anonymous survey of musicians on how we could improve:
- “[OttawaJazzScene.ca is] a rich collection of stimulating, inspiring, detailed articles and beautiful photographs spotlighting jazz musicians and their music. Rarely is journalism (especially about music) practiced at these heights, with such care and palpable passion.”
- "My career as a jazz musician wouldn't exist without their support."
- “Indispensable.” “Complete, accurate, readable.”
- "JazzScene is terrific for "one-stop shopping" of jazz concerts and venues around the National Capital Region."
- "As a performer on the local scene, I rely heavily on the listings provided by OttawaJazzScene.ca to reach potential audience members who may not know about me from my own publicity efforts. As a patron of jazz around town, this is where I most often learn about who's in town and who's coming"
- "In addition to providing remarkably comprehensive coverage of the burgeoning jazz and creative improvised music scenes in Ottawa, OttawaJazzScene has played --and continues to play-- a vital role in fostering a sense of community among Ottawa musicians. Thank you, Brett and Alayne"
• Add your name to this list and help OttawaJazzScene.ca continue in 2015
A standing ovation for our 2013 donors!
• Alnoor Allidina • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Mark and Marilee Alcorn • Patricia Balfour • Gerald and Ellen Bailie • Stephen Barrette • Rachel Beausoleil • Tim Bedner and Elise Letourneau • Stephen Berndt • Brian Browne • Steven Caunter • Marylise Chauvette • Leonard Constant • Cindy Deachman • Chris Dodd • Raymond Charles Doré • François Dumaine • Sylvie Duchesneau • Wayne Eagles • Garry Elliott • Brad Evans • Rob Frayne • John Fysh • Martin Freeman • David Glover • Bill Gobby • Robert Godin • Normand Glaude • Wayne Haneman • Joe Hincke • Keith Hobbs • Peggy Holloway • Pierre Hughes • Floyd Hutchinson • Alrick Huebener • Keith Jackson • Ken Johnson • JazzN.ca • Anne Jolicoeur • Eric Jones • Jack Kelly • Greg Klowak • Adam Kubelka • Jonathan Langsner • Brady Leafloor • Len Leclair • Mike Levin • Gord MacGray • Chris Maskell • Adrian Matte • James Mattson • Beverley McKiver • Metcalfe Music Entertainment • Mark Miller • Sander Mommers • Allan Moscovitch • Owen Munn • Karen Oxorn • Dean Pallen • Davina Pearl • Rick Pearlman • Nicole Ratté • Debbie Reinhart • Vince Rimbach • Bill Robertson • Dale Robertson • Marcia Rodriguez • Rachel Russo • Lois Siegel • Keith Snider • Helen Spencer • Charles Spratt • Mike Steinberg • Bernard Stepien • Jesse Stewart • Ron Sweetman • Swing Dynamite • Elizabeth (Liz) Sykes • John Thompson • Gerri Trimble • Michael Toope • Riek van den Berg • Lauren Walker • Gabriel Warren • Linsey Wellman • Ted Zarras • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous
Thanks to OttawaJazzScene.ca's Charter Supporters in 2012!
• Mark & Marilee Alcorn • Tim Bedner & Elise Letourneau • Stephen Berndt • Brian Browne • Michele Castonguay • Marylise Chauvette • Adrian Cho • Cindy Deachman • Francois Dumaine • Ian Duncan • Wayne Eagles • Jacques Émond • Mark Ferguson • Chris Fleming • Robert Fontaine • Mark Fraser • Normand Glaude • Helen Glover • Robert Godin • Philip Gosewich • Wayne Haneman • John Haysom • Alrick Huebener • Keith Hobbs • Laura Hutchinson • Anne Jolicoeur • Andrew Kavchak • Jack Kelly • Greg Klowak • Brady Leafloor • Pete Liu • Nicholas Maclean • Adrian Matte • Kate McGregor • Mark Miller • Sander Mommers • Karen Oxorn • Richard Page • Barry Paulson • Craig Pedersen • Nancy Preston • Rick Rangno • Ed Ratushny • Dale Robertson • Marcia Rodriguez • Shine Foundation • Lois Siegel • Charles Spratt • Mike Steinberg • Jesse Stewart • Bernard Stepien • Ron Sweetman • Gordon Tapp • John Thompson • Riek van den Berg • Tom Waddell • Anna Williams • John & Linda Wilson • Renée Yoxon • ZenKitchen • Anonymous • Anonymous • Anonymous
Thanks to OttawaJazzScene.ca's Jazz Scene Builders in 2012!
• Alnoor Allidina • Rachel Beausoleil • Capital Youth Jazz Orchestra • Sandra Clarke • Caridad Cruz • Raymond Charles Doré • Deborah Clarke • Garry Elliott • Bradley Evans • Martin Freeman • Arnie Francis - Almonte Jazz Club/JazzNhouse • René Gely • David Glover • Glen Gower • Pierre Hughes • Katie Hurdon • Preston Jennings • Kim Kaskiw • Joel Kerr • Jonathan Langsner • The Lapadeto Quartet • Len Leclair • Michel Loiselle • Gord MacGray • Doug Martin • James Mattson • Tom McMahon • Diane Monette • Pierre Monfils • Owen Munn • Ko Nakamura • Davina Pearl • Rick Pearlman • Nicole Ratté • Vince Rimbach • Marc Routhier • Rick Smith Metcalfe Music Entertainment • Liz Sykes • James Taylor • Chris Thompson • Mike Tremblay • Gaby Warren • Linsey Wellman • Anonymous • Anonymous