It's your scene! Support OttawaJazzScene.ca's funding drive on now
Once a year we ask readers like you to donate to OttawaJazzScene.ca so that we can continue serving the jazz community.
Your donation now will help make OttawaJazzScene.ca's revealing news reports, insightful interviews, unique video stories, colourful photos of the scene, and honest concert reviews possible.
Donate $20 or more today and receive our unique and comprehensive weekly events newsletter as a token of thanks for your support!
Your donation makes OttawaJazzScene.ca possible
- the most accurate and complete guide to jazz and improvised music you can hear locally and nearby – updated every week
- advocacy for Canadian jazz, with our broad reporting which informs you about musicians from Juno Award winners to the young and talented
- experienced and independent arts reporting which is responsive and accountable to our readers
- an advertising-free experience: no annoying, third-party ads that can inject malware into your computer or phone and invade your privacy
Why your donation matters
Your donation of any amount supports our independent reporting that puts our readers and jazz fans first and enables us to promote regional and Canadian jazz.
OttawaJazzScene.ca cannot receive any government funding or grants (there isn't any). Nor do we work for the musicians and venues we report about (we follow the Canadian Association of Journalists ethics guidelines). Because we receive donations from a broad base of readers with many jazz interests, we can provide you with in-depth, fair, and impartial reporting.
Why readers are supporting OttawaJazzScene.ca in this campaign
For too long, the Ottawa jazz scene has been operating largely under the radar, and yet, talents abound. Thank you for making all this rich cultural asset available to all.
Francois Dumaine, reader and donor, December 2016
I have really enjoyed your excellent multifaceted work over these years, and I hope OttawaJazzScene.ca will continue to be a vital resource for the jazz community for many more years to come!
Peter Liu, reader and donor, December 2016
Donors to last season's successful funding campaign told us why they supported OttawaJazzScene.ca
- I am supporting this because it is an incredible source to discover good local live music. The Best!
- I find OttawaJazzScene.ca's coverage to be indispensable to knowing about the jazz that has been, is being, and will be performed in Ottawa and surroundings ... no other source has the in-depth interviews and photo coverage that OttawaJazzScene.ca does.
- No one is more in depth or more present than OttawaJazzScene.ca. Thank you for your continuing support of the local music community and for providing a comprehensive resource for those looking to be in the know.
- Instead of shuffling through a dozen papers we look in one spot for our jazz fix.
- OttawaJazzScene.ca is a vital part of helping jazz live and thrive in Ottawa. Thanks so much for all you do for this!
- Ottawa's jazz history stays alive through stories and videos in their archives.