The listeners have spoken: they want more Ottawa jazz!
As part of CKCU-FM's annual funding drive, host Bernard Stepien played strictly Ottawa-area artists on last week's Rabble Without a Cause (RWAC) show to remind listeners how much the show and CKCU support local jazz. He was so pleased at the response that he's doing it again this week.
This week's selection of artists will include:
You can hear the show from 11 p.m. to midnight on Wednesday, November 2.
Stepien said that last week's edition of RWAC raised $370 – money that will start to ensure that "your favourite music or the music that opens new horizons for you is still on air." The funding drive runs until this Sunday, November 6. Each show needs to raise at least $500 per programming hour to keep the station running.
CKCU (93.1 FM) currently has three jazz programs on its schedule, down from five in 2010. They are:
- In a Mellow Tone, Wednesday at 9 p.m. (with guest hosts for the next 6 weeks or so until Ron Sweetman recovers)
- Rabble Without a Cause, Wednesday at 11 p.m. (with Bernard Stepien, David Broscoe, Ron Steeds, Rob Bitschofsky, Alnoor Allidina, and Mark Keill)
- Swing is in the Air, Sunday at 4 p.m. (with Jacques Emond)
If you do pledge, you need to indicate the name of the show(s) you are pledging for. See https://www.ckcufm.com/secure/pledge/ for more information.
See our previous stories related to CKCU jazz radio shows and their support for Ottawa-Gatineau jazz:
- Bernard Stepien reminds you that CKCU FM 93.1 supports local jazz
- Ron Sweetman previews 2011 Jazzfest lineup on Wed. June 8 CKCU show
- 2010 Ottawa Jazz Festival Countdown: Ron Sweetman's radio show samples the Festival
– Alayne McGregor