This is the 2012 lineup. Read about this year's (2015) festival.
Every summer, a free outdoor jazz concert series is offered in Aylmer, featuring Quebec and Ottawa-area jazz artists.
Now in its 26th year, Le Festival de jazz Desjardins will run from July 25 to 28, 2012 and feature
- The Jivewires (Wednesday, July 25)
- Alexandre Côté Quintet (Thursday, July 26)
- The Denis Chong Manouche Quartet (Friday, July 27)
- Rachel Therrien Quintet (Saturday, July 28)
The city of Gatineau will also offer jazz/world music concerts in Aylmer from July 4 to 18, 2012, including:
- Aboulaye Koné (Wednesday, July 4)
- Rômmel Ribeiro (Wednesday, July 11)
- Les Gitans de Sarajevo (Wednesday, July 18)
To end the season, the city will also be offering a concert by Ferriswheel (an indie rock group with jazz influences) on Friday, August 10. (UPDATE August 7: Scattered Clouds will perform on August 10, and Ferriswheel on August 17.)
Each concert is held outdoors in Parc de l'Imaginaire, immediately opposite the Aylmer Marina and beside Le Centre d'expostion L'Imagier (9 Front Street, in the Aylmer sector of Gatineau). The concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
Concerts will be cancelled in case of rain. The park is easily accessible by bicycle from the recreational paths along the Ottawa River (cross at the Champlain Bridge from Ottawa).
For more information: www.limagier.qc.ca/parc-en.html
See the OttawaJazzScene.ca stories on the 2011 festival:
- Pssst! Jazz in Aylmer in July and August!
- Julie Lamontagne Quartet opens 2011 Festival de Jazz Desjardins
– Alayne McGregor
View Larger Map