The Ottawa Jazz Festival's annual general meeting is this Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 6 p.m., at Ottawa City Hall (110 Laurier Avenue West at Elgin Street), in the Colonel By Room on the second floor.
While only active festival volunteers can vote or speak at the meeting, the festival says the meeting is open to the public.
If you're interested in learning:
- who runs the jazz festival (the board and staff) and what their backgrounds are
- how well the festival did financially in the last year
- what the festival considers to the highlights of the previous years, and what it expects to be challenges for 2013, and how members reacted to last year's festival
- perhaps some hints of artists or direction for the 2013 Ottawa Jazz Festival
this meeting is for you.
See OttawaJazzScene.ca's coverage of previous Ottawa Jazz Festival annual general meetings:
- Controversy over non-jazz acts reaches Ottawa Jazz Festival Annual Meeting 
- Ottawa Jazz Festival reports small loss, continued worries 
In other Festival news:
- The second annual Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival will be held from Thursday, January 31 to Saturday, February 2, 2013. The artists have yet to be announced. See the OttawaJazzScene.ca review of the first Winter Jazz Festival.
- The deadline for applying to perform at the 2013 Ottawa Jazz Festival is December 1 for those outside Ottawa-Gatineau, and January 15, 2013 for local jazz artists. We're sure that Petr Cancura would appreciate not getting all the applications in in the last week.
– Alayne McGregor