Saturday, March 26 - 8 p.m.
Tickets: adults $25, students $15. Available at the door only.
- Laura Nerenberg - violin
- Brigit Knecht - violin
- Sonya Probst - viola
- Joan Harrison - cello
- Jean-Francois Picard - flutes, clarinets, saxophones
- David Renaud - flutes, clarinets, saxophones
- Sylvie Duchesneau - flutes, clarinets, saxophones
- Angela Casagrande - oboe, cor anglais
- Orlando Corabian - bassoon
- Rick Rangno - trumpet, flugelhorn
- Adrian Cho - double bass
- Mark Rehder - drums, percussion
Bebop and chamber music come together for an intimate evening of swinging tunes and unusual sounds with the hippest music from three jazz masters – Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis and Charles Mingus - performed by the OJO's chamber jazz ensemble. With its unusual instrumentation, this unique twelve-piece collective of jazz and symphony musicians offers up a feast for the ears with arrangements from Adrian Cho and Rick Rangno, inspired by Duke Ellington, Gil Evans and Johnny Richards.
"For this concert we're moving to a new venue - the Glebe St. James United Church which is located in, not surprisingly, the Glebe. It's an intimate setting that will allow you to hear every nuance of the intricate arrangements and inspired improvisations that this evening of music promises."
Glebe-St. James United Church
650 Lyon Street South