The Carleton University Jazz Camp has generously donated 4 pairs of tickets (a $80 value) to their wonderful concert series from Monday August 8 to Friday August 12. All JazzScene weekly email newsletter subscribers may enter the draw to win these tickets. Not a subscriber yet? See below – it's easy to subscribe, to be eligible to enter this and future draws.
* Monday, August 8: Brian Browne Trio with guest Elise Letourneau
* Tuesday, August 9: Alex Dean and Kieran Overs (with Dave Dunlop)
* Wednesday, August 10: A Tribute to Charlie Parker
* Thursday, August 11.: Roddy Ellias Trio
* Friday, August 12: Participants' Concert
All concerts start at 7:30 p.m. except for the Friday concert which starts at 7 p.m.
Read OttawaJazzScene.ca's story about last year's Carleton University Jazz Camp, and see photos and reviews of last year's concerts (at bottom of page)
All concerts will be in Kailash Mital Theatre in the Loeb Building at Carleton University. The university is served by NCC multi-use paths from the east and west (along the canal), and there is ample bicycle parking near the door. You can also take OC Transpo's O-Train or bus routes 4 or 7 to the campus. There is also nearby car parking.
Name two of the performers and the instrument(s) they will play in each concert you wish to win tickets for. The correct answer can be found at Carleton University Jazz Camp's website.
We will randomly draw a winner for each day's pair of concert tickets at 11 a.m. on the day of the concert. If we are unable to receive timely confirmation from any winner that they will attend, we will draw again. Each winner will also get tickets to the Participants' Concert on Friday.
Good luck to all entrants! And be sure to check out these excellent concerts even if you don't win. What better way to escape the heat than sitting in comfortable seats in an air conditioned theatre listening to some excellent jazz?
To become a subscriber to our free weekly jazz and improvised music newsletter and be eligible to enter this and future draws
Send a blank email from the email address you want to be subscribed,
or fill out the form at OttawaJazzScene.ca/newsletter You may unsubscribe at any time. We respect your privacy and do not share email addresses.
Coverage of the 2011 Carleton University Jazz Camp:
- A rare chance to hear Charlie Parker's music live
- This way to the Carleton U Jazz Camp and Music school
- Monday: Brian Browne Trio opens 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series
- Tuesday: Alex Dean charms the audience at the 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series
- Wednesday: Tribute to Charlie Parker at the 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series
- Thursday: The Roddy Ellias Trio at the 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series