Carleton University Jazz Camp has generously donated a pair of tickets to each of their 2012 evening jazz concerts, to be won by a JazzScene subscriber:
- Friday August 10: The John MacLeod Big Band, using MacLeod's charts from his long-standing Rex Hotel Jazz Orchestra
- Thursday August 9: a new quintet led by two tenor saxophonists, Kelly Jefferson and Mike Tremblay - congratulations to Davina Pearl, winner of these tickets
- Wednesday August 8: the nine-piece Ottawa Latin band Los Gringos - congratulations to Sylvie Duchesneau who won these tickets
Saturday's Camp Participants' Concert is open to all by donation.
Every day (Wednesday to Friday) at 12 noon we will draw a winner for that evening's tickets.
All concerts will be in Kailash Mital Theatre in the Loeb Building at Carleton University. The university is served by NCC multi-use paths from the east and west (along the canal), and there is ample bicycle parking near the door. You can also take OC Transpo's O-Train or bus routes 4 or 7 to the campus. There is also nearby car parking.
Tell us why you would like to hear each of the concerts you are entering the draw for.
We will randomly draw a winner for each day's pair of concert tickets at Noon on the day of the concert. If we are unable to receive confirmation from any winner that they will attend within one hour of contacting them, we will draw again.
Note that you are only eligible to win one set of tickets. Do not enter to win tickets for an earlier show if you really prefer to win tickets to a show later in the week.
Good luck to all entrants! And be sure to check out these excellent concerts even if you don't win. What better way to escape the heat than sitting in comfortable seats in a wonderful air conditioned theatre listening to some excellent jazz?
To become a subscriber to our free weekly jazz and improvised music newsletter and be eligible to enter this and future draws
Send a blank email from the email address you want to be subscribed,
or fill out the form at OttawaJazzScene.ca/newsletter You may unsubscribe at any time. We respect your privacy and do not share email addresses.
Read more about last year's Carleton University Jazz Camp concerts:
- A rare chance to hear Charlie Parker's music live
- Monday: Brian Browne Trio opens 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series
- Tuesday: Alex Dean charms the audience at the 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series
- Wednesday: Tribute to Charlie Parker at the 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series
- Thursday: The Roddy Ellias Trio at the 2011 Carleton U Jazz Camp concert series