Nominations are now open for a two-year term on the board of directors of the Ottawa Jazz Festival. The board is responsible for the festival, including decisions on the overall artistic direction such as the balance of jazz and non-jazz, overall size and budget of the festival, and the role of the festival in the community.
If you want to take an active role in directing the festival, this is your only opportunity to apply, once a year.
Nominations must be received by Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Anyone can run for the board, but you must be nominated by an active festival volunteer. A list of volunteers was printed in the summer festival program guide.
The festival's annual general meeting, at which the board is voted in, will be held on Tuesday, November 20, 2018, at 6 p.m. in the second-floor Colonel By Room at Ottawa City Hall (110 Laurier Avenue West at Elgin Street).
Related stories by OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Assured, original performances from Canadians at the 2018 Ottawa Jazz Festival
- Warm reception for Ottawa groups at the 2018 Ottawa Jazz Festival
- Ottawa Jazz Festival annual meeting reveals location worries in 2018, after a "scary" 2017
- A tough time for Ottawa Jazz Festival in 2015/16, members told at annual meeting
- Controversy over non-jazz acts reaches Ottawa Jazz Festival Annual Meeting