Updated: The nomination deadline has been extended to February 24, 2019.
The Ottawa Arts Council is now accepting nominations for its annual awards, until February 24.
Guitarist Justin Duhaime received the RBC Emerging Artist Award last year. Listen to our interview Justin Duhaime: an award recipient explains how he moved from metal to jazz manouche
Awards of possible interest to the jazz community include
- The Victor Tolgesy Arts Award, which recognizes the accomplishments of residents who have contributed substantially to enriching cultural life in the city
- The RBC Emerging Artist Award recognizes and encourages the achievements of Ottawa artists who are in the early stages of their career in the arts and are working towards becoming recognized professional artists, while engaging with the community.
- The Ottawa Arts Council Mid-Career Artist Award was established to recognize and encourage the achievements of Ottawa artists of all disciplines who have evolved beyond the emerging stage in their career to become recognized professional working artists contributing to the community.
- The Business and the Arts Recognition Award was initiated in 1994 to recognize and encourage support from Ottawa’s business community to the local arts sector.
- The Young Artist Award is a project-based, mentorship-driven youth arts award established for the recognition and encouragement of young Ottawa-based artists, ages 14 – 17 years old, demonstrating exceptional potential and a commitment to excellence in any art form.
Full details of the awards including nomination / application instructions are at the Ottawa Arts Council website. The awards will be presented at a spring ceremony.