Gypsophilia plays the Ottawa Jazz Festival at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday June 29 at the OLG Stage.
OttawaJazzScene.ca attended Gypsophilia's show at the 2012 Montreal Jazz Festival, where they easily engaged an outdoor audience with their particularly deft and crowd-pleasing version of gypsy jazz/manouche. Read our review and view photos from Gypsophilia's Montreal Jazz Festival concert. And watch for our reports from the 2013 Montreal Jazz Festival from July 1 to 7!
And on Sunday June 30, Ottawa's own crowd-pleasing Django Libre takes listeners to the 1930s world of hot jazz in Europe with the music and styles of Stephan Grappelli and Django Reinhardt. They play at noon on the free Rideau Centre stage. View photos and read our review of their previous Ottawa Jazz Festival performance there, "Django Libre gets listeners out of their seats at Rendez-Vous Rideau Jazz Stage".
See our other coverage from the 2012 Montreal Jazz Festival:
- Robi Botos wins the 2012 TD Grand Prize at the Montreal Jazz Festival
- Lorraine Desmarais Trio at Salle Gésu (review)
- Ernesto Cervini Quartet at the Montreal Jazz Festival (review)
- Frank Lozano Montreal Quartet at the Montreal Jazz Festival (review)
- Love lost, music found (review)
- Happy birthday – with saxophones (review)
- Joey Calderazzo and Aaron Parks at Salle Gésu (review)
- Samuel Blais Quartet at the Montreal Jazz Festival (review)
- Chet Doxas Quartet at the Montreal Jazz Festival (review)
- Two pianists as one (review)
- Gypsophilia at the Montreal Jazz Festival (review)
- Tord Gustavsen at Salle Gesu (review)
- The Souljazz Orchestra sets the beat at the Montreal Jazz Festival
- Mash Potato Mashers attract the masses in Montreal