By the time Marianne Trudel's Quintet opened at the NAC Fourth Stage tonight, they were thoroughly warmed up.
The Quintet has been touring to promote Trudel's just-released CD, La Vie Commence Ici, for the last week. By tonight, you could hear the ease in their playing, the confident attack in their solos, and the sheer joy and fire they put into the music. They left many listeners very happy.
Watch for a full review of the concert with photos on Sunday.
– Alayne McGregor
Read OttawaJazzScene's interview with Trudel about this tour and the CD:
Read our related stories:
- Guelph 2013: Espousing music of the moment (review) (Marianne Trudel, William Parker, Hamid Drake)
- NAC Presents to feature Petr Cancura, Marianne Trudel, and Tanya Tagaq this fall
- Trifolia: adventurous jazz at the Montreal Jazz Festival (review)
- Orchestre national de jazz Montréal scores with Joni Mitchell tribute (review)
- Sonia Johnson: not playing it safe with jazz