Congratulations to Michael, who won the two IMOOfest passes. The correct answer to the skill-testing question was any two of "Lori Freedman, Scott Thomson, Susanna Hood, Jesse Stewart".
The Improvising Musicians of Ottawa/Outaouais (IMOO) has generously donated two festival passes (a $50 value!) for the inaugural IMOOfest on the evenings of Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6 (starting at 7 p.m. each night) at Arts Court's Club SAW [details]. We're excited about this first-ever improvised music festival in Ottawa and being able to help send a lucky winner to it!
Each evening will feature four different acts, from Ottawa and from elsewhere, playing new and improvised music. There will be solo performances all the way up to the IMOO Orchestra.
JazzScene weekly email newsletter subscribers may enter the draw to win the ticket. Not a subscriber yet? See below – it's very easy to subscribe, to be eligible to win these and future tickets.
Name two of the iconic Canadian improvisers who will participate in this first IMOOfest.
The answer can be found at www.improvisedmoo.com (hint: follow the arrows!)
The winner will be notified by phone and email after a random draw on Thursday, October 4 at 6 p.m. The winner's name will also be listed in an update to this website announcement on OttawaJazzScene.ca. Only the winner will be contacted. If we cannot quickly reach the person drawn, then we will draw again.
Good luck to all participants!
To be eligible to enter this and future draws, you must be a subscriber to our free weekly jazz and improvised music newsletter
Send a blank email from the email address you want to be subscribed, to
OttawaJazzScene's past coverage (interviews, reviews, photos, videos) of Improvising Musicians of Ottawa/Outaouais (IMOO) concerts includes:
- Trumpets, Trumpets at IMOO (August 6, 2012)
- Thomson, Hood, and Stewart: Poetry in motion at IMOO (July 31, 2012)
- Rachel Therrien develops new sounds at IMOO (July 30, 2012)
- Poetry inspires music at IMOO on Sunday (June 8, 2012)
- Craig Pedersen explores Grey Areas with his new CD (May 23, 2012)
- James Annett brings improvised viola to IMOO (April 15, 2012)
- Two personae of Patrick Breiner (February 13, 2012)
- Full house, intent listeners greet Titanium Trio (January 23, 2012)
- The Titanium Trio: a different sound each time (January 16, 2012)
- A Very Ayler Christmas (December 17, 2011)
- IMOO musicians explore new ‘instruments’ and new approaches (December 5, 2011)
- Craig Pedersen, Hands-on musician (November 27, 2011)
- IMOO’s “quiet” concert #31 ends a successful first year (September 18, 2011)
- PianoLessMonk plays IMOO (June 2011)
- PianoLessMonk returns at IMOO on Sunday June 19 (June 2011)
- Carleton University Contemporary Music Ensemble fills the Umi Café (March 2011)
- M. Sean Dowd: Poetic reviewer of improvised music (February 2011)
- IMOO founders present original music on February 20 (February 2011)
- Pierre-Yves Martel anticipated at IMOO (February 2011)
- Rory Magill and eldritch Priest return to IMOO at UMI on Jan 23 (January 2011)
- IMOO: Unusual playing and unusual instruments (January 2011)
- An epic composition: brown study at IMOO (December 2010)
- Craig Pedersen talks about the Pedersen Essoudry Wellman Trio playing freely (July 2010)